Machine Operative PM
Temporary to Permanent
up to £9.62 / hour
Job DescriptionThe company is based in the Atcham Business Park and they are currently one of the leading design and manufacturing company in the UK specialising in demountable, performance driven, steel partitioning systems, suspended ceilings, door sets as well as extensive architectural specials and one off designs.
Pay rate will be £8.42 ph
1. Experience as a Machine Operator or similar role is essential
2. Excellent problem solving abilities
3. Excellent team playing skills
4. Ability to work in a fast paced environment
5. Must have experience of working in a manufacturing / assembly environment
6. Must be able to use hand and power tools
1. Follow instructions to manufacture all Company products to the required quality standard.
2. Implement all training provided to carry out all tasks as efficiently and safely as possible.
3. Be responsible for all allocated tasks and processes, from receipt of raw materials to packaging and despatch of finished goods.
4. Ensure that Company quality-assurance, checking processes are always adhered to.
5. Operate tools & equipment correctly to ensure that products are being assembled to the required quality & safety standards.
6. Ensure that all tools, equipment and machinery are kept clean and well maintained, reporting any damage or faults immediately.
7. Ensure that all work areas and welfare facilities provided by The Company are kept clean, tidy and free from hazards.
8. Contribute proactively to the efficiency of the manufacturing process and The Company manufacturing output.
9. Ensure all tasks are carried out safely, under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and within the guidelines of the Health & Safety Manual provided by The Company.
10. Report all health & safety and quality issues to the Manufacturing Supervisor or other senior management.
The candidate has to be able to do both early and late shifts which are as follows:
15:00-23:00 Mon-Thurs with 20min paid break at 19:30
14:00-21:00 Friday with 20min paid break at 18:30
This is a full-time, temporary to permanent position.
This is a temp to perm position, meaning that for 12 weeks you'd be working for DM Recruitment, and if both the client and you are happy with the role, you'd be taken on by them permanently.